Author Notes: I love plum tart but i wanted to make something lighter. These roasted plums make a nice sauce for ice cream or a plain cake. I used oeau de vie de framboise but you could try any brandy. —luvcookbooks
teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- Cut the plums in half through the stem end. Untwist them like an oreo and remove the stone. Place the halves side by side cut side up in a nine by nine inch pan.
- Put a little bit of butter into each plum half.
- Mix together the sugar and the chinese five spice powder. Sprinkle the mixture over the plums.
- Pour the water into the pan along with the brandy.
- Roast at 425 for 45 minutes to 1 hour checking from time to time to see that the plums are not getting too dry. They should be nice and syrupy. They are delicious by themselves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums