If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A grain and gluten-free solution to your pizza cravings! —Erica Lea | Buttered Side Up
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed, and gills scraped out
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced,
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves, as garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 C).
- Place the mushrooms, gill side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Mix together the olive oil and minced garlic. Spread the olive oil evenly in the "cup" of the mushrooms.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients evenly in the mushroom cups: pizza sauce, cheddar cheese, pepperoni, olives, bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, and basil leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, until cheese is nice and bubbly. Remove from oven, allow to cool a bit, and serve with a steak knife. Recipe idea from Eating Bird Food.