If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its one of the very basic recipes in Indian kitchen.
Mostly served as breakfast! Easy to make yet very tasty and filling.. —Nirzara Verulkar
Green Gram Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Green Gram
- 4 Green Chillis
- 1/2 inch pieces Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- As per the requirement Water
- 1. Soak green gram for 12 hours. As it is soaked well, Grind the gram coarsely in a grinder. Transfer it to another bowl.
- 2. Chop green chillies, ginger and garlic finely and grind the ingredients.
- 3. Add the green chilli, garlic and ginger mixture to the ground green gram batter and mix well. Add salt as per your taste.
- 5. Heat a pan. Keep it on a medium flame and add one fourth cup of the batter over greased pan. Cover the pancake as its cooking. Flip and cook for a minute.
- 6. Serve it hot with fresh tomato sauce.
- 2 Fresh Tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon Split Ckickpeas
- 5 Red Chillies
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 tablespoon Curd
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (To temper)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves (To temper)
- 1 tablespoon Ground peanuts (Optional)
- 1. Fry red chilies, split chickpeas in one tablespoon off oil, until golden.Transfer it into a grinder. Add two tbsp of grated coconut.Add a pinch of asafetida, salt as per you taste and grind.
- 2. Now add cubed tomatoes to the heated pan, fry until soft and transfer to the chili, chickpeas mixture (in the grinder) and grind again.
- 3. Add sugar as per your taste. Transfer the mixture to another bowl Add some curd. Mix gently with a spoon.(You can use peanuts instead of Split chickpeas).
- 4. Heat one teaspoon of oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Then add one spring of curry leaves. Add this to the ground tomato mixture.
- 5. Serve it with some hot green gram pancakes! Enjoy it like a breakfast dish or an evening snacks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper