Author Notes: This is a combination of two great things: Amanda Hesser's Brown Butter Tomatoes, and a Lobster Caprese salad I had at the Inlet restaurant in Montauk, NY. —laurenlocally
beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced
slices of fresh mozzerella, diced
cooked lobster claws
Fresh raw corn, optional
handful torn basil
Salt to taste
- Fan your tomato slices out on a plate—I use about 2 to 3 slices per person.
- Sprinkle the diced mozzarella on top.
- Brown the butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it smells nutty. At the end, toss in the torn up lobster claws to heat through. Optionally, add half an ear of fresh corn to the buttery mix.
- Spoon the hot lobster brown butter over the tomatoes and mozzarella and listen to it sizzle.
- Top with freshly torn basil, salt to taste, and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper