Author Notes: During summer, I never run out of tomatoes, yellow and red cherry tomatoes being an always welcome snack before dinner. With this tart, featuring some of my favorite summer flavors (tomato+tarragon+goat´s cheese), I wanted to turn them into a full and weeknight compatible meal. —Sabine
grams store bought puff pastry (1 package)
grams soft goat´c cheese
tablespoon mustard, preferrably tarragon mustard
grams yellow and red cherry tomatoes
grams brown cassonade sugar
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
small handful fresh chopped tarragon
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 200°C. LIne a 10 inch/26 cm tart pan (preferably with a removable bottom) with parchment paper and puff pastry. Create a 2 cm/0.8 inch rim. Prick with a fork all over. Prebake 7-8 minutes in the hot oven. Set aside.
- Combine mustard, goats cheese and tarragon, reserving a few leaflets to sprinkle on top later.
- Spread this mixture onto pre baked baking shell.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat, add sugar. Don´t stir. After a few minutes of gently bubbling, the sugar will start to caramelize.
- Add tomatoes, toss gently, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, reduce for 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes onto cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack. Unmould carefully and sprinkle with reserved tarragon to serve.
- Serve warm (not hot - it will take a few minutes to set in order not to be soggy).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper