If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During summer, I never run out of tomatoes, yellow and red cherry tomatoes being an always welcome snack before dinner. With this tart, featuring some of my favorite summer flavors (tomato+tarragon+goat´s cheese), I wanted to turn them into a full and weeknight compatible meal. —Sabine
- 230 grams store bought puff pastry (1 package)
- 90 grams soft goat´c cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard, preferrably tarragon mustard
- 700 grams yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 30 grams butter
- 25 grams brown cassonade sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- small handful fresh chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 200°C. LIne a 10 inch/26 cm tart pan (preferably with a removable bottom) with parchment paper and puff pastry. Create a 2 cm/0.8 inch rim. Prick with a fork all over. Prebake 7-8 minutes in the hot oven. Set aside.
- Combine mustard, goats cheese and tarragon, reserving a few leaflets to sprinkle on top later.
- Spread this mixture onto pre baked baking shell.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat, add sugar. Don´t stir. After a few minutes of gently bubbling, the sugar will start to caramelize.
- Add tomatoes, toss gently, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, reduce for 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes onto cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack. Unmould carefully and sprinkle with reserved tarragon to serve.
- Serve warm (not hot - it will take a few minutes to set in order not to be soggy).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper