If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh tomatoes are the star of this bright and punchy tart. Beautiful enough for a summer brunch, easy enough to become a comforting classic. —Christina Spleen
piece frozen puff pastry
cup whole milk ricotta
cups fresh shredded mozzarella
tablespoon dijon mustard
egg (for egg wash)
handful fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and defrost puff pastry as nessecary.
- Cook bacon for about 8 minutes on baking sheet in the oven. Bacon should be cooked but not yet crispy.
- Allow the bacon to drain on papertowels before coarsely chopping and setting aside.
- Combine mozzarella, ricotta and mustard in a smal mixing bowl.
- Roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin. Spread the ricotta mixture over the puff pastry, leaving about a 1 inch margin around the pastry
- Lay out the thinly sliced tomatoes over the ricotta mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the diced onion and chopped bacon across the top.
- Brush the edges of the pastry tart with egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. The edges of the tart should puff up and become light brown.
- Top with fresh basil and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper