If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free tortilla! —Paleo Naturally
Makes: 8 tortillas
tablespoon avocado oil
teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off the outer skin of the yuca with a large knife.
- Then chop the yuca into 2-inch chucks and place them into a large pot of water. Boil approximately 20-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the yuca.
- While still hot, puree the yuca with the oil and salt in a food processor (or blender).
- Scoop out the dough and place it on parchment paper. Dough will be very sticky. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until cool to reduce stickiness.
- Cut out 9 pieces of 6 x 6 parchment paper. Divide dough into 8 parts. Place each dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper. One paper should be left over to place on top of the tortilla that is being pressed.
- Using a tortilla press or your hand, press out 8 tortillas. Remove the top parchment paper, but keep the bottom parchment paper on. Place tortilla with parchment paper onto a large baking sheet. Use the top parchment paper for the next tortilla.
- Continue to press out the remaining tortillas. Place as many as you can on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Remove tortillas keeping parchment paper on tortillas to prevent them from sticking together.
- Cook the remaining batch.
- Store in a container or large baggie with parchment paper in between each tortilla. Can be refrigerated for 3-4 days or frozen for 1 month.