Author Notes: Delicious Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free tortilla! —Paleo Naturally
Makes: 8 tortillas
tablespoon avocado oil
teaspoon sea salt
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off the outer skin of the yuca with a large knife.
- Then chop the yuca into 2-inch chucks and place them into a large pot of water. Boil approximately 20-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the yuca.
- While still hot, puree the yuca with the oil and salt in a food processor (or blender).
- Scoop out the dough and place it on parchment paper. Dough will be very sticky. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until cool to reduce stickiness.
- Cut out 9 pieces of 6 x 6 parchment paper. Divide dough into 8 parts. Place each dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper. One paper should be left over to place on top of the tortilla that is being pressed.
- Using a tortilla press or your hand, press out 8 tortillas. Remove the top parchment paper, but keep the bottom parchment paper on. Place tortilla with parchment paper onto a large baking sheet. Use the top parchment paper for the next tortilla.
- Continue to press out the remaining tortillas. Place as many as you can on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Remove tortillas keeping parchment paper on tortillas to prevent them from sticking together.
- Cook the remaining batch.
- Store in a container or large baggie with parchment paper in between each tortilla. Can be refrigerated for 3-4 days or frozen for 1 month.