If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I found green tomatoes at my local market, I knew I had to buy some (no, many). I roasted them long and slow until they shriveled up in size and their flavours got super concentrated. Alternatively, roasted or sun-dried tomatoes can be used here too.
This tapenade has the usual suspects: olives (green, because I wanted to retain the vibrancy of the green spread), garlic, capers, basil, lemon, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. Along with those, a handful of roasted tomatoes get blended in. That's where the magic happens. —Kirthana | Theblurrylime
Makes 3/4 of a cup
- 3/4 cup cup roasted green tomatoes*
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Add all the ingredients listed above to a blender and pulse until well incorporated, but still keeping it slightly chunky.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to use. Can be kept refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- Note: *can substitute with roasted or sun-dried red tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper