Author Notes: When I found green tomatoes at my local market, I knew I had to buy some (no, many). I roasted them long and slow until they shriveled up in size and their flavours got super concentrated. Alternatively, roasted or sun-dried tomatoes can be used here too.
This tapenade has the usual suspects: olives (green, because I wanted to retain the vibrancy of the green spread), garlic, capers, basil, lemon, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. Along with those, a handful of roasted tomatoes get blended in. That's where the magic happens. —Kirthana | Theblurrylime
Makes: 3/4 of a cup
cup cup roasted green tomatoes*
cup green olives, pitted
teaspoons lime or lemon juice
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
clove of garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
- Add all the ingredients listed above to a blender and pulse until well incorporated, but still keeping it slightly chunky.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to use. Can be kept refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- Note: *can substitute with roasted or sun-dried red tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Umami-Centric Recipe