If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A classic Italian salad spiced up with sweet figs, creamy goat cheese and crunchy corn —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 2 1/2 cups of a nice french baguette, cut into 2 inch cubes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 large or 2 medium cobs of corn, shucked
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces figs, cut in half lengthwise, then each half cut sliced into 3-4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Kosher salt. Bake for 7-12 minutes, until nicely browned. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add cobs and cook until corn is done, about 10 minutes. Set aside to let cool, then cut corn off the cob and measure out about 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled corn, cherry tomatoes, figs, and bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Pour over vegetables and bread and toss to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes to soak in, then toss in goat cheese, mint, and top with freshly ground black pepper.