If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tomato Feta Grilled Zucchini and Squash = a simple, mouthwatering combination! Low on calories & big on flavor, these boats of goodness satisfy every time —Holly
- 2 medium sized yellow squash
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 6 ounces French Feta (from sheep milk) or Greek feta
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- Cut the zucchini and squash in half.
- Using a sharp knife cut around the inside edge of the squash. Next make horizontal slits across the squash, from one side to the other of the lengthwise cut.
- Use a spoon to carve out the center of each zucchini and squash, so they look like little boats. Reserve the center pieces.
- Season the zucchini and squash with salt and pepper, and dust with cooking spray.
- Heat grill to 450 degrees and grill for 4 minutes per side.
- Rough chop the squash meat you removed from the center of each squash and cook in olive oil, with salt and pepper, on medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Crumble the feta cheese & slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fold into the sautéed squash. Cook for 2 minutes, then spoon the mixture into the grilled zucchini “boats”. Chiffonade the basil leaves (aka cut into long thin strips), sprinkle on the zucchini boats, and serve.