cup almond milk
teaspoon apple cider vinegar
cups all purpose flour + more for dusting
teaspoon coconut sugar
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoons Nutiva's palm oil shortening (cold)
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut shortening into mixture until it becomes a coarse meal.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and combine almond milk/ apple cider vinegar in slowly. Mix with your hands until a dough forms.
- Dust your work space with flour. Knead the dough for about 2 minutes- until dough comes together.
- Cut with small biscuit cutter or top of glass jar and place them 1/2 inch apart on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.