If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These beauties are the ultimate kitchen staple. Easy to make, and good with anything. —Mas Appetit
- 3 pounds ripe San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic (grated)
- 1 dash sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Wash, pat dry, and cut tomatoes lengthwise. Use a small spoon to gently scoop out the seeds.
- Add tomatoes to a mixing bowl, along with the garlic, olive oil, thyme, and oregano. Add a dash of sherry vinegar and gently mix everything together.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and position the tomatoes on it, cut side up. Roast for 40 minutes, then crank up the temp to 400 and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Shut off oven, and let tomatoes sit in there for another 5 minutes or so. At that point, remove from the oven, season with a dash of salt + pepper, and let cool.