If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation from a Food Network Kitchen recipe for broccoli cheddar risotto which was cloyingly heavy. I used the same oven technique but changed the major ingredients into something sublime! —Tonya Sarina
- 1 pound white mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-3/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp tablespoons pepper
- 1 cup shredded jarlsberg cheese
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Heat oven to 425.
- Put 2 Tbs of butter and the onions in a 4-6 quart dutch oven. Place in hot oven until butter is melted and onions are softened.
- Stir in the chopped mushrooms and cook until they are soft.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter.
- Add sherry and stir until it has cooked off (more or less).
- Add all of the chicken broth and stir.
- Put the lid on the dutch oven and bake it for 20-25 minutes -- takes 25 at altitude -- remove from oven (you can test to make sure it is tender).
- Add hot water, the remaining 1 Tbs. butter and stir in the cheese. You can add a little more water if it needs to loosen up a bit.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner