If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, fresh, & delish! Heirloom tomatoes, homemade cornbread, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, & shaved Parmesan on baby arugula. —Holly
cups one-inch cubed sweet or savory cornbread
1.5 to 2
pounds heirloom tomatoes (any color, shape, or size)
ounces baby arugula (washed & dried)
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- After cutting cornbread into one-inch cubes, either leave on counter overnight, or bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. You want it to dry out and become crusty. Allow cubed cornbread to fully cool before assembling the salad.
- Cut heirloom tomatoes into wedges (or in half if smaller) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Scatter baby arugula on a platter, then layer on tomatoes, cornbread, and fresh torn basil (if desired).
- Drizzle on the oil and vinegar mixture, sprinkle with more salt, freshly ground pepper, and shaved parmesan.