If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I often make this for a quick breakfast with a friend. You may also use an equivalent measure of grape tomatoes, halved. —creamtea
tablespoons decent olive oil
small shallot, minced
Medium, flavorful tomatoes, diced (the red-brown 4 inch diameter "black velvet" variety work well
salt and pepper to taste
slices sourdough or peasant bread, toasted
- In a medium frypan, heat oil on low flame Add minced shallot and saute until almost translucent (avoid burning).
- Add diced tomatoes. They will release their juices; cook until thoroughly softened and the sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Break eggs into a glass and add to the sauce; at this point you can cover lightly. Keep checking until done to your preference (I like a runny yolk)
- Meanwhile, toast a couple of slices of good bread.
- Divvy up and serve the eggs and tomatoes over the toast. Season with more salt and pepper as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner