If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No August veggie feast is complete without a little steak to fill you up.
This stick-with-you rendition isn’t heavy, it’s just mmm-inducingly satisfying. You’re going for just-medium-rare here, and you haven’t lived until you’ve paired still-warm steak slivers with tangy Tzatziki and a chive-brightened herb vinaigrette. —Cava Grill
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as thyme or oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
for zucchini and serving:
- 3 medium zucchini, ends removed and thinly sliced longways
- 1 container Cava Tzatziki
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 bunch fresh chives, snipped into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- For marinade, mix all marinade ingredients together and add flank steak. Marinate for at least one hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill flank steak until cooked to desired doneness, approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Grill sliced zucchini for approximately the same time, until lightly charred and softened. Remove steak to cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes or ideally up to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak into 1/2-inch slices across the grain at an angle (position knife perpendicular to the sinews of the meat and slice diagonally at 45 degrees towards the end of the steak).
- For vinaigrette, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, chives, salt, and pepper rapidly until emulsified (we like to put our dressings in a jar and shake to achieve desired consistency).
- To serve, spread tzatziki across bottom of a large platter. Alternate portions of steak and zucchini across platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette.