If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The beauty in these explosively colorful skewers? The options are truly endless.
You could easily achieve on-point results with whatever squash is in your market this weekend; a swap of mushroom caps for eggplant; or even a changeup of red onion for peppery scallions or earthy cloves of garlic. The only rule: Do not miss the chance at Spicy Hummus dipping. Spicy Hummus dipping makes everything better. —CAVA
- 3 medium yellow squash, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4-5 patty pan squash, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches colorful baby peppers, rinsed
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps, rinsed and cut into 1 1/2-inch triangles
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 container Cava Spicy Hummus
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Place veggies in a gallon-size freezer bag, pour marinade over, and toss carefully to cover. Seal bag and refrigerate for 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. In the meantime, thread veggies onto skewers, alternating veggies for a vibrant variety on each skewer. Cook, turning skewers occasionally to achieve even char marks, until veggies are just-tender, about 13 minutes. Serve immediately with Spicy Hummus for dipping.