If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For me, the best way to bring in the cool autumn breeze is with sweet and savory vegetables. This is a great family side dish and taste even better the next day. —handsandforks
Serves 4-6 sides
- 2 tablespoons red palm oil
- 2 bags of frozen green beans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- course sea salt to taste
- fresh black pepper to taste
- sprouted pumpkin seeds (or any sprouted nut you like)
- Pre-heat large saute pan to medium-high, melt palm oil. Then combine green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Bring heat down to low and add maple syrup. Let the green beans simmer until it reaches desired tenderness (about 12-15 minutes)
- Toss in garlic half way through cooking
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle on course sea salt and pepper
- Serve with pumpkin seeds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall