If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This no-bake pumpkin treat is filled with fresh spices and flavors sure to set the mood for a cozy Fall season. —NaturalVrouw
Makes 9-12 squares
For the Crust
- 1 cup Ground Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates
- 1-2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar*
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (liquified)
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a food processor pulse together the oat flour, shredded coconut, dates, maple syrup or agave, coconut oil and salt until a ball begins to form. *More or less maple syrup or agave may added or omitted according to personal taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic wrap or parchment paper lined 8 inch square or 9x13 inch dish. Press and flatten the crust into one even layer and set aside.
For the Filling
- 1.5 cups Fresh Pumpkin (Roasted or Boiled until tender.)
- 1/4 cup Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Fresh Vanilla Pod
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg (I used freshly grated seed)
- 1/2 tablespoon Grated Ginger Root (or 1/8 teaspoon Ground)
- 1 pinch Ground Clove
- Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove to a food processor and pulse until the blades begin to move freely. Gradually add the coconut oil and vanilla mixture to the pumpkin and spices while they blend. Its preferable that the pumpkin is at least at room temperature as adding liquified coconut oil to cold (anything) pumpkin will make it seize and re-solidify. *
- Once the pumpkin filling is smooth and there are no longer any visible lumps, pour the filling over the already prepared crust. Without covering**, placing the dish in a refrigerator for at least 5-6 hours, or over night, to chill and become firm. Use the plastic wrap or parchment paper as leverage to remove the layers from the dish and cut squares of the desired size.
- **The pumpkin filling will likely be warm from being processed for the extended number of minutes it takes for it to become smooth. As a result of this, covering it right away will cause condensation to collect and drip onto the surface. To avoid this, only cover after a few hours (3 approx.) of refrigeration.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall