If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So delicious and easy to make, this Roasted Beet, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Quiche makes a great brunch or even dinner! —Angelina Papanikolaou
- 1 cup 2 tbsp stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in cubes
- 2 ounces cold water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 medium beets, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Gently grease quiche pan and sprinkle with 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds.
- In a food processor, add flour, salt, and cold butter. Pulse until crumbly. Add water and pulse until dough forms. Add 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds and pulse 2-3 times, until combined.
- Remove pastry and form into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line prepared quiche pan with the pastry and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add beets and onions to a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add baby spinach to baking sheet. Roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add roasted beets, onions, and spinach to quiche crust. Sprinkle in crumbled goat cheese. Pour egg mixture into the quiche crust.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan over quiche and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.