If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Skip the green-dyed foods this St. Paddy’s Day and celebrate with naturally green Spinach Linguine with a Creamy Chicken Sausage Artichoke Sauce! —Angelina Papanikolaou
- 1 package spinach linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian chicken sausage, removed from casings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 10 artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- pinches red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, boil water and cook linguine (al dente) as directed on package.
- In a separate saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and cook, breaking it apart. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, add the spinach, artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth and powdered heavy cream. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour over sauce and incorporate. Stir until sauce slightly thickens.
- Once linguine is cooked, drain and add to the saucepan. Toss pasta to coat with sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.