If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dragon tongue beans quickly blanched and sautéed with pancetta and crimini mushrooms, making a lovely side dish —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 pound dragon tongue beans or green beans
- 8 ounces pancetta, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds crimini mushrooms, quartered
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to boil. Blanche beans for about 5 minutes. Drain immediately and run under cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta until slightly crispy over medium heat. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Turn heat to medium low and melt butter. Add shallots and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Next stir in mushrooms and a healthy dose of salt. Stirring occasionally, let mushrooms cook down and release their juices, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add beans and pancetta to mushroom mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes more. then sprinkle with black pepper and parsley.