If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe -I thought - was too simple to put up but I was surprised by the response I got from it. Simple amazing Cucumber Salad with Sweet Tangy Soy sauce dressing with a little heat. Just in 5 min. —JinJoo Lee
- 1 cucumber (Japanese, English, Persian)
- 1 tablespoon Korean soy sauce (Kikkoman works too)
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Slice cucumbers into thin slices. Around 1/8 inch (3 mm).
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Pour soy vinegar into the bowl with cucumbers.
- Then, add 1/2 tsp chili powder and sesame seeds. Mix and taste. Add more chili powder if you want. Doing it in this order allows you to taste and control the amount of chili powder based on how spicy you want it.
- Add chopped green onions and mix again.
- Serve immediately for the most fresh and crunchy cucumber flavor. You can also let it sit for 10-15 minutes for the cucumbers to absorb the dressing before serving.