Author Notes: This soup is so easy to make and comes together very quickly. Especially if you've already roasted your sugar pumpkin until soft. Garnish with red chilli flakes and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with brown rice to make a full meal. —Andrea Lane | The Nourishing Lane
cups Roasted sugar pumpkin
cups Vegetable Stock
tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sautee shallot in olive oil over medium-low heat until soft in soup pot.
- Add pumpkin and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and add stock.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, blitz with immersion blender until soup is smooth.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe