If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The orange vinaigrette adds just the right pop to the glorious Fall flavors of squash, red wheat berries and cranberries. —Palouse Brand
- 1.5 cups hard red winter wheat berries
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups butternut squash, 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 zested orange peel
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almonds (optional)
- Bring water to a boil and add wheat berries. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until soft, about 45-50 mins. and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss the squash with 1 tbsp. olive oil, place on a baking sheet and roast for approximately 20-30 min. Cool on paper towel to soak up any extra olive oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette. Mix orange zest, orange juice, 1 tbsp. olive oil and syrup together.
- In large bowl combine wheat berries, roasted squash, vinaigrette, parsley and cranberries. Cool down in refrigerator – this may add a little to the total time.
- To serve, top with sliced almonds (optional).