If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An infusion of pumpkin chai tea and spices make this delicious Chai Tea Pumpkin Pie perfect for Thanksgiving holidays. —Julie | Sweet and Spicy Monkey
Makes 1 - 9" pie
- 4 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tea bags of pumpkin chai tea
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- To make gingersnap crust: Place gingersnap cookies into a food processor or high speed blender and pulse a few times until cookies resemble fine crumbs. Pour cookie crumbs into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave on High for about 45 seconds or until butter is melted. This might take a little longer depending on how your microwave cooks. Pour butter into crumbs and mix together, combining all crumbs with butter.
- Press buttered crumbs into a 9″ circumference x 2″ deep pie pan, including bottom and sides.
- Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- To make pie filling: Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut tea bags open and pour ingredients into a spice grinder and grind until fine powder.
- If using a food processor or high speed blender, add tea bag ingredients, 1/4 cup of the pumpkin puree and 1/2 can of evaporated milk. Pulse 4 to 5 times until tea bag ingredients are finer. Add remaining can of evaporated milk, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom and pulse 3 to 4 more times until blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add in sugar and remaining pumpkin, blending well. Combine evaporated milk mixture.
- Pour into cooled pie shell. Place into oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until knife inserted into middle of pie comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Serve after pie has cooled or refrigerate. If refrigerating, make sure pie is cool before covering for storage. Best served with Whipped Cream on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe