If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditonal way to serve oats in Switzerland and very popular in Germany as well. Easy and quick to make and ready in the morning. —Vera Kern
- 1/2 cup milk (or any alternative milk you like)
- 1 cup yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup rolled oats (I mostly use spelt oats)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 figs
- honey or Maple syrup
- Chopped dried fruits/nuts, seeds e.g. chia or flax
- Mix the milk, yogurt and oats in a bowl until well combined.
- Smash the banana and add to the mix.
- Coarsely grate the apple with the skin on and mix in as well.
- At this point you can add some honey or Maple syrup for more sweetness and add chopped dried fruit and nuts/seeds.
- Either cover the whole bowl with some cling wrap or fill mix into single serving jars and cover them. Store in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning top the Bircher Müsli with cut fruit (e.g. figs, kiwi, mango...), drizzle some honey or Maple syrup over it, dust with some cinnamon (or cardamom). When I feel fancy I also thinly grate some dark chocolate over it.
- A single serving jar can also be taken to work for lunch, especially if you like it warmed to room temperature.