If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first discovered black garlic earlier on in the year and love its sticky, almost burnt chewy caramel texture. On further investigation, I found out that our own Amanda, yes. Amanda H was one of its earliest pioneers......So, this is only fit for food52, and me obviously. - Kitchen Butterfly —Kitchen Butterfly
Food52 Review: I made this recipe with regular garlic and it was fantastic. There are a lot of strong flavors in here, but they meld together beautifully. I used a mortar and pestle instead of a food processor, so the spread was rather chunky, not smooth. We ate it with homemade pitas and it was quickly devoured...my 11 year old begged me to make more soon. – WinnieAb —The Editors
Makes: enough for 4 people
1/2 cup black olives (not cured)
1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, dry roasted
1 clove of black garlic, pressed through a mincer (sub regular garlic if unavailable)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 - 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
4 basil leaves
1 teaspoon capers
Olive oil to loosen
- Put all ingredients in a food processor with 1/4 cup oil.
- Blitz and add more oil till you get the consistency you like.
- Serve as a dip, or slather over a sarnie
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment