If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Autumn Pumpkin Soup is the perfect warming meal to take to work in colder weather. —Madeleine Shaw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 500 grams pumpkin, peeled and deseeded
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 500 milliliters fresh veggie or chicken stock
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- Cinnamon Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Chop the pumpkin into bitesize chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it has melted, add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt until golden. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds then add the dried spices and 2 tbsp of the stock, stir well for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the pumpkin and a big pinch of salt. Stir for a minute, coating the pumpkin in the spices then add the rest of the stock and coconut milk plus another pinch of salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, simmer for 40 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked through then puree until smooth.
- To make the toasted coconut flakes, in a small pan heat the coconut oil then add the maple syrup and cinnamon, stir well the pour in the coconut flakes and coat them in the spiced syrup, cook for 5 minutes until golden then leave to the side to cool.
- Plate the hot soup with the cool and crunchy toasted coconut flakes on top.