If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been tinkering with this recipe for ages. I think I finally got it right. —Burnt Offerings
Makes 6 cups
- 3 cups Rolled Oats (not instant)
- 1 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup Dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Crushed or Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300', and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, coconut, chia seeds and nuts together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pan, or in a large microwave safe measuring cup or bowl, add the maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut oil, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, or mix well and microwave on medium power for 2 minutes, until all the ingredients are melted and mixed well.
- Pour the syrup over the oats mixture and stir well with a spatula.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15, until the granola is toasted and the coconut is browned.
- Cool, and store in airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later