If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe for hearty, chili-like soup with all your favorite taco ingredients, including ground beef, lots of chili peppers and tomatoes, taco seasonings and all the fixins, all cooked up slow in the crock pot. Super easy! —Michael Hultquist
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 2 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 12-ounce can red beans
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving + other fixins
- Heat a large pot to medium heat and add a couple tablespoons olive oil. Add ground beef along with onion and peppers. Cook about 8-10 minutes to brown the meat and soften the onion and peppers.
- Add garlic and stir. Cook another minute or so.
- Add taco seasoning and stir to incorporate.
- Add everything to a crock pot/slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve into bowls and squeeze a bit of lime juice over the top, then swirl it in. Just a bit, about ¼ to ½ a lime.
- Top with your desired ingredients. We used some cilantro, green onions, jalapeno slices, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese and lime wedges. So good!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later