If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet and spicy salad bursting with fresh, light ingredients. Loaded with protein, the black beans and quinoa fill you up, while the touch of cheese will keep you smiling! —tiffanythyme
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 14 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool. Remember to rinse quinoa in cold water prior to cooking.
- While quinoa is cooking, drain and rinse beans and thaw corn. Chop and prepare red pepper, jalapeno, tomato, red onion, green onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- Once quinoa is cool, combine with beans, corn, veggies, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Prepare dressing by combining lime juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and veggie mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into serving bowl. 1 serving equals roughly 1 cup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later