If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Combine broccoli with nutty browned butter, toasted quinoa and pine nuts, salty feta, a squeeze of lemon juice for acidity, and just a sprinkle of cilantro. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
Serves 2 as main dish
- 3/4 cup red quinoa, dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large head of broccoli, stalks and florets coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/5 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer for about two minutes to get rid of some of the bitterness. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, toss broccoli with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until broccoli has browned a bit on the edges and is tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add pine nuts and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is browned and pine nuts are toasted. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and stir in red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- When quinoa is cooked, fluff slightly with a fork. Toss with broccoli, brown butter sauce and pine nuts, feta, and cilantro.