If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A boozy witch's potion pared with finger cookies for dipping. —Rob
Serves 1 for cocktail; 4 for cookies
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce brandy
- .5 ounces dry sherry
- 1 splash simple syrup
- 1 piece fresh ginger slice
- 1 piece lemon peel (zest)
- .5 cups butter
- .5 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lyle's golden syrup
- 1 cup flour unsifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- .5 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the fingers (cookies) first. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and syrup.
- In a separate kicking bowl, mix flour and baking soda.
- Combine the creamed and dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Roll into long strips (approx. 1/2 inch diameter).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden color.
- Cool slightly then using a sharp knife cut into fingers.
- Make the cocktail. cut a thin slice of fresh ginger, then remove outside skin. Place in cocktail shaker.
- Add bourbon, brandy, sherry, bitters, and simple syrup to shaker. Add ice to shaker. Shake vigorously. pour into lowball glass.
- Add lemon twist/zest.
- Serve drink with dipping cookies.