If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoky, hearty, & full of healthy goodness. High in vitamin C & K, low-calorie, low-fat! —Holly
For The Soup
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 3 large cloves garlice, smashed & rough chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & cut in halfe
- 1 small beet, peeled & cut in half
- 1 small turnip, peeled & cut into eighths
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped (use less to make less spicy)
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 ounce tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
- Place tomatoes, onion and garlic on a baking sheet and toss with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
- At the same time place the turnip, beet and red pepper in a tin foil boat, and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast on 350 for 45 minutes.
- After cooked, remove the skin from the beet, chop the beet and peppers, and add all the veggies to a large pot on the stove. Add chicken stock, chipotle peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, smoked paprika, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender (or food processor) to puree all the ingredients until completely smooth.
- Garnish with fresh basil and Greek yogurt.
For The Mozzarella Crostini:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into ¼ inch slices...about 20 slices.
- Brush one side with olive oil and bake (oil side up) on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the fresh mozzarella into thin slices (about 10), then cut in half width-wise so they fit nicely on the sliced French bread. Place one piece of cheese on each slice of bread and bake for 6 more minutes.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove. Heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the chopped fresh basil to the oil/garlic mixture, and drizzle on the baked Mozzarella crostini. Serve warm with the Smoky Tomato Harvest Soup.