If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use user leftover veggies or roasted veggies with the salad leaves, add it to tacos with cilantro lime crema.Juicy and Crunchy !!!! Oh la la! —Suganya Hariharan
For the tacos:
- 10 Corn tortillas
- 1 Avacado
- 1/4 cup Spring onions/spring leaves
- 1/2 cup Red onions
- 2 cups Cauliflower/any other leftover veggies
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the cilantro Lime Crema:
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro,chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a bowl and mix together cauliflower, chickpeas, red chilli powder, garlic powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water.
- Take a baking pan, Place seasoned chickpeas and cauliflower. Roast for 30-40minutes, stirring occasionally which will make all sides of the cauliflower to crispy state. You can stop it when you see that the chickpeas and cauliflower are slightly crispy and cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the cilantro lime mix the sour cream, fresh limejuice, chopped cilantro, chopped French onions, salt and pepper, to taste. Take a corn tortilla and place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top. Top with red onions, avocado, spring onions and cilantro. Drizzle some cilantro lime crema over the tacos and enjoy!!!
- 1. You can add jalapeños and red cabbage instead of red onions. They give great color and flavour. 2. You can replace sour cream with Greek yogurt. it gives the same fresh taste. 3. To make the cilantro lime crema vegan, you can use vegan sour cream or yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers