If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy Asian inspired dish with hearty Fall flavors! -- A sweet but mostly savory take on fried rice. —NaturalVrouw
- 2 cups Brown Rice, Cooked
- 1 cup Roasted Turkey (I use thigh and leg portions)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Green Onion
- 3/4 cup Grated Carrot
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried, Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seed (for garnish)
- Scramble the egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan on medium-high heat add the two tablespoons of sesame oil allowing it to heat through but not come to smoke.
- Next add the grated carrot and green onion leaving room to add the liquid scrambled, in a thin layer, to the pan. Rake a fork through the egg as it cooks breaking it down into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Add the maple syrup followed by the sage and garlic, stirring constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
- Fold in the rice along with the roasted turkey. Salt to taste. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers