If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Gluten free and vegan Mediterranean stuffed baked potato with hummus and roasted garbanzo beans. —Palouse Brand
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans
- 3 cups water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Soak 3/4 cups garbanzo beans overnight.
- Rinse and discard water, place beans in pot, cover with 3 cups of water and bring to boil for approximately 45 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove skins and place beans in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked paprika and sea salt. Gently stir until garbanzo beans are covered with olive oil and seasonings.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse and scrub 4 medium size sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise. Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet.
- Add the prepared and seasoned garbanzo beans to the baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake at 400° for approximately 30 mins.
- Half way through the roasting process, gently stir the garbanzo beans with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the oven, flip sweet potatoes over so they are flesh-side up, smash down the insides of the sweet potatoes.
- In a separate bowl mix together hummus, lemon juice, dill and garlic.
- Fill the centers of the potatoes with sauce.
- Top with roasted garbanzo beans, tomatoes and parsley and a touch of lemon juice.