You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. To make it a complete meal, add a fried egg, tofu, or stir-fried chicken breast. You can make your own cauliflower rice by blitzing it in a food processor, but I find the pre-prepped bags from Trader Joe's awfully convenient. —lloreen
- Serves 4
green onions, chopped with greens included
ginger, finely minced
garlic cloves, minced
red pepper, finely chopped
shitake mushrooms, chopped
firm tofu (optional)
- If you are adding tofu, press it between two plates with a weight on top while you prep the other ingredients. Drain the tofu and cut into 1 inch cubes. Heat the oil on medium heat and fry the tofu until golden brown on all sides. Set tofu aside.
- Heat the oil on medium heat and add the garlic and ginger. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the green onions and the mushrooms stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, mix well and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil. Stir well. Add the tofu back in.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the cilantro and the other half of the green onions.