If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is ease soup to make. I served this in espresso cups at cocktail party not long ago. But I just made for diner and served with Fresh turmeric salsa (that I love) from Ali Slagle. —anka
- 500 grams carrot (4-5 medium), large dice
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 120 grams red onion (1 medium), sliced or quartered
- 3 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 15 grams fresh turmeric (one finger), sliced
- 15 grams fresh ginger (walnut size), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and dice carrots slice onion in to 3-4 pieces, mix with 2-3 tbsp oil, place in single layer on baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Place roasted carrot and onion in the saucepan; add vegetable stock or chicken stock, turmeric, ginger, salt and cinnamon. Let boil for 10-15 min.
- Let cool slightly and pure.
- Place back in to saucepan; reheat and adjust seasoning if needed.