If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Topinambour, earth apple , sunchoke but definitely not jarusalem artichoke.This lovely root vegetable is native to North America , it has nothing to do with jarusalem nor artichoke.. Combined with the lovely mushrooms it turns out to be a delicious soup... —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 700 g tapinambour
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml beef stock(or vegetable stock)
- black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g Black Trumpet Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel the earth apples.Cut the carrots and the earth apples in cubes. Add olive oil in a pan, sweat your diced onions. Add the carrots cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the earth apples.
- Add the stock and simmer for 15-20 minute until they are soft. Blend them in a blender.
- Saute the mushrooms.
- Put the puree back in the pan, adjust the seasoning. Pour the cream on top. Add the sauteed mushrooms and simmer.
- Sprinkle some chopped dill and roasted sesame seeds on top.