If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 medium leeks, white and light-green parts only, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon reshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Epicurious Chardonnay
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound medium asparagus, trimmed, cut crosswise in half and on the bias
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (from about 2 pounds pods) or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- If you see or feel dirt in the leeks, rinse well, separating layers, then pat dry; otherwise, leave rounds intact.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high until hot but not smoking. Add leeks in a single layer; season with 1/4 tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, turning once, until leeks are lightly golden, 16–18 minutes. Transfer leeks to a plate; reserve skillet.
- Lightly crush fennel seeds with the bottom of a heavy skillet or pot. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and season with fennel, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a 5–7-qt. Dutch oven or large wide saucepan over medium-high. Cook thighs, skin side down, until well-browned, 12–14 minutes. Transfer skin side up to a plate. Pour off and discard fat.
- Add Epicurious Chardonnay to pot, bring to a simmer, and cook, scraping up bits from bottom of pot, 1 minute. Add broth and return chicken skin side up to pot. Lower heat to medium-low, cover pot, and cook until chicken is cooked through, 15–18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine asparagus, peas, and 2 Tbsp. water in reserved skillet, cover, and cook over medium heat until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, and a pinch of pepper; stir gently to just combine.
- Divide chicken, asparagus mixture, and reserved leeks among large shallow bowls. Bring broth to a simmer, add lemon juice, then ladle into bowls. Top with dill and remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon zest.