If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spiral Pie is one of my many creations, that happened when searching for Vegetarian meals, for myself and the lady.
I am a great believer in the Vegetarian concept, and have managed to substitute out 4-5 meals per week, in order to help us maintain a healthy balance.
This recipe for Spiral Pie, is different to the Greek version, as I have swapped most of the ingredients out for Italian ones. There is still Feta in it though! —FatLadFood
- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Jar of Pesto
- 1 Tub of Cream Cheese
- 200 grams Feta Cheese
- 1 Bag of Spinach
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 5. Roll out the pastry into a rectangular sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, chopped red onion and pesto until completely smooth.
- Spread over the top of the puff pastry
- Put the spinach on the top, followed by the feta cheese.
- At the thinnest end, roll up the pastry into a sausage shape, cutting off the ends to make it more even.
- Brush the spiral with beaten egg, ensuring it is completely covered.
- Put into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes. If it needs a bit longer, thats cool. You want it to be crispy on top and on the sides.