Author Notes: Broccoli is such a healthy vegetable, we can use some nice varieties to put it on the dinner table more often. I started with trying out new broccoli recipes some time ago and finally came up with this,......what do I say, finally? In cooking things are not final, there is a never ending (food)world to explore. —Janneke Verheij
- Preheat the oven on 200C
- Clean the broccoli and cut it into roses. Cut the garlic in thin slices.
- Blanch the roses shortly in boiling water, let them dry up a bit. On a baking tray drizzle plenty of olive oil, crumble a stock cube on it, add a teaspoon of chili powder and mix together. Toss the broccoli in the oil until all the florets are nicely covered in oil and spices.
- Add some chili flakes and the garlic. You can vary with the chili flakes, if you like spicy, go wild, otherwise just sprinkle some here and there.
- Place the tray in the oven and wait about 15 minutes. Don't worry if the broccoli get's a little dark, it adds to the flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish