If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A late summer gazpacho, inspired by Mexican flavors, ideal for those last hot days of August —Charlotte I The Fox + The Knife
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 4 ed bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Espelette pepper or other mild pepper powder
- 500 milliliters vegetable stock
- Mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, sautee the onion with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the garlic and 2/3 of the bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes then add the pepper powder, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to boil. Then reduce the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Mix the soup until smooth and let it cool first on the counter then in the fridge.
- When the soup is cold, add the lemon zest and the rest of the bell peppers. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and serve !