Author Notes: Nothing says brunch, and morning comfort, like a ham and cheese croissant. These can be made the night before, which makes things even easier in the morning. Serve straight out of the casserole dish as individual sandwiches, or cut up in squares and place on a platter. I like to shingle the croissants so they’re easy to grab out of the dish individually. Either way, find yourself some flaky croissants and kick off your weekend! —Addie Gundry
Makes: 7 large croissant sandwiches
Slices of Deli Ham
Slices of Swiss Cheese
teaspoons Dijon Style Mustard
- Spray a 9x13 inch oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the croissants and assemble sandwiches by spreading each with mustard and filling with ham and cheese. Each croissant gets 2 slices of ham and 1 slice cheese.
- Arrange croissant sandwiches by shingling them into the casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, add milk and salt and pepper, and mix well. Pour over the sandwiches and cover the dish with foil. Weight the top with a plate or cookie sheet to submerge sandwiches in the custard and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Bake, covered with the foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast