If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a beautiful spin on a grilled vegetable. It is great for entertaining, because you can do them ahead and they are gorgeous! Oh, and everyone loves them! —wanderash
large red peppers
white onion, medium dice
garlic clove, minced
slices of goat cheese
kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
tablespoon fresh oregano, rough chop
tablespoons olive oil
- Get your grill going. Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the inside and outside of the peppers, then sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Place the peppers on the grill over medium-hot coals skin side down. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes, until the skins are lightly charred, then turn and cook for about 4 more minutes. The peppers should be soft, but still hold their shape. Remove from grill.
- While the peppers are on the grill, sauté the spinach. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until they are translucent. Season with salt and add the garlic; cook for about 2 more minutes, until pale golden. Add spinach, season with salt and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the spinach equally and fill the bottom of each pepper. Sprinkle the oregano and olives over the spinach, then add the slices of goat cheese. This can be done several hours ahead.
- Put back on the grill to heat through, or pop them in the oven. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe