If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These waffles are light, fluffy with a slight crunch on the outside. They are full of flavor and the apple cranberry topping adds a fresh sweet and tangy compliment to each bite. A sweet little way to start your day. —H Marie
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut shortening
- 1 zest and juice of one tangerine
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup whole roasted and peeled chestnuts
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla exctract
- Place coconut shortening and sugar into a large sauté pan over medium/high heat. Mix and let it melt. Add apple and cranberries and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until apples are tender, but not too soft. Remove from heat and add tangerine zest and juice. Cover and set aside.
- Turn waffle maker to high setting. Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Puree milk and chestnuts. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix well. Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well. Once the waffle maker is ready, pour half the batter into the waffle maker. Add the Apple-Cranberry topping with a little 100% maple syrup and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast