If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is easy way to make jam. It can be served with scones, crepes, waffles, warm homemade bread or buns. —anka
Serves: a crowd
kg plums (stoned and left in one piece or cut in half)
- In a bowl add sugar and salt to the plums and place in the fridge overnight.
- Next day, preheat the oven to 150 C (300 F) and put the plums into a roasting pan and place in the middle of the oven.
- Roast the plums for 1 hour before you mix.
- Place back in to the oven and keep roasting for additional 30-40 minutes. Plums will have a nice chunky texture (the way I liked).
- Still hot, scope jam in warm glass jars (2 jars 2 cups each), place a lid on and flip the jar upside down.
Classic butter tea biscuit
teaspoons baking powder
cup cold butter
cup cold milk plus some for brushing
- Mix all dry ingredients together and cut butter until crumbly.
- Add milk to dry ingredients and mix by hand until formation of soft dough. Rest the dough for a few minutes.
- Place the dough on the table and spread with hands until desire thickness, 1 inch approximately. Cut into serving size, brush some milk over top.
- Bake 400F for 15-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast