Author Notes: Simply roasted butternut squash, dressed up with fresh thyme, pecans, and blue cheese is what you’ll always find on my holiday table. —All that's Jas
small butternut squash (about 3 lbs.)
tablespoons olive oil
stalks fresh thyme
cup crumbled blue cheese (your favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and halve the squash, leaving the skin on. Scoop out the seeds then cut into small cubes.
- Put oil into a roasting pan and add squash. Strip two stalks of thyme of their leaves and sprinkle over the squash. Roast in the oven until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and transfer the squash into a serving dish. Scatter over with pecans and cheese, tossing together gently.
- Garnish with remaining stalks of thyme whole or thorn into small sprigs.