If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simply roasted butternut squash, dressed up with fresh thyme, pecans, and blue cheese is what you’ll always find on my holiday table. —All that's Jas
- 1 small butternut squash (about 3 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 stalks fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (your favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and halve the squash, leaving the skin on. Scoop out the seeds then cut into small cubes.
- Put oil into a roasting pan and add squash. Strip two stalks of thyme of their leaves and sprinkle over the squash. Roast in the oven until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and transfer the squash into a serving dish. Scatter over with pecans and cheese, tossing together gently.
- Garnish with remaining stalks of thyme whole or thorn into small sprigs.